The Snow Queen
Performance presented by Victorian State Ballet
28 June 2023 at The Chapel - Chapel Off Chapel
Dates & times
Wednesday 28 June at 10:30am, 1:00pm
The Chapel - Chapel Off Chapel
The Victorian State Ballet proudly presents The Snow Queen in a beautiful ballet story performance! Outstanding skill, artistry & technique will be on show in this visually inspiring and highly entertaining performance. Enjoy a magical experience delighting in the beauty and splendor of stunning sets, costumes, music and icy magic lighting. Pure delight!
Based on the well-known classic fairy tale of Hans Christian Andersen, the Snow Queen, is a beautiful ballet that portrays the heart-warming story of the young Gerda and her struggle against an evil and icy foe. The Snow Queen is full of magical imagery, intrigue, drama and suspense. This performance is suitable and enjoyable for all ages.
The Victorian State Ballet is Victoria’s leading ballet company, established in 2003 under the expertise of Martin and Michelle Sierra. Counting for over 30 years of professional experience worldwide, both Michelle and Martin felt the need to feed the artistic gap of Victoria’s arts community with a repertoire based on the Grand Ballets from the 20th Century, neo-classical and contemporary ballets originally choreographed for the company. The Victorian State Ballet is devoted to the pursuit of artistic excellence, dance education, presentation of outstanding classical ballet repertoire and innovative contemporary dance works.
“The Snow Queen ★★★★ – The Guardian”
- Ticket prices are subject to additional transaction fees.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult for all events.
- Wheelchair access is available at Chapel Off Chapel
- Babes in Arms: Children 24 months and under may attend performances free of charge on the condition that they do not occupy a seat and sit on the lap of a parent or guardian.
- Performances will not be Auslan interpreted however, they include strong visual content and can be enjoyed by deaf, hard of hearing and ESL audiences.
- Videography and photography will take place throughout the Festival.
- Roola Boola will be proceeding as per the State Government COVID-19 requirements for indoor events to ensure the safety and wellbeing of patrons, staff and artists.