Lil Hoppers + Hip Hop
Workshop presented by The Space Dance and Arts Centre
6 July 2023 at The Chapel - Chapel Off Chapel
Dates & times
Thursday 6 July at 10:00am, 11:00am
The Chapel - Chapel Off Chapel
2 to 7 years
This workshop aims to introduce children to the fun, upbeat dance style of hip hop and will give them a platform to express themselves through movement and encourage exploration and creativity through this popular style. This workshop is presented and facilitated by a professional Hip Hop Dancer and teacher from The Space Dance & Arts Centre.
The 10am class suitable for children 2 to 4 years is designed to develop skills in rhythm, coordination, balance and more through games, basic exercises, song and mini dance routines.
In the 11am workshop suitable for children 5 to 7 years, where students will learn fundamental urban street dance skills including body isolations, locking and popping, which are often seen in music videos.
The Space Dance and Arts Centre is an exciting dance and arts centre featuring a variety of dance and rehearsal studios, theatre, meeting room, gallery space and lounge. The Space has a range of dance classes for people of various dance abilities and interest levels as well as providing rehearsal and performance space for artists and producers.
- Ticket prices are subject to additional transaction fees.
- Workshops are free for parents.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult for all events.
- Wheelchair access is available at Chapel Off Chapel
- Videography and photography will take place throughout the Festival.
- Roola Boola will be proceeding as per the State Government COVID-19 requirements for indoor events to ensure the safety and wellbeing of patrons, staff and artists.